Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Digital Signature destroyed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Digital Signature destroyed
    Posted: 26 Jul 19 at 8:49PM
Hi Pecos,

i know ... it's long ago but ...
save is always doing a complete rewrite and it doesn't matter if you changed something or not.
So after "save" the digital signature is broken.
QuickPDF offers incremental update functions - so the initial, signed part will remain untouched and the new content will be appended at the end.
You can read about this behavior and much more in the online developer guide at "Processing​​ ​​digitally​​ ​​signed​​ ​​PDF​​ ​​files".

Cheers,
Ingo

Cheers,
Ingo

Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 10 at 6:27AM
Hi Pecos!

I don't think that here in the user-user-forum
you'll find help in this case.
For such special issues you should try the official
support pages here:
http://www.quickpdflibrary.com/support/support-query.php

BTW: If you use the DA-functions (means not loading, building
the complete structure into memory) the described behavior
shouldn't happen?

Cheers and welcome here,
Ingo

Pecos View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pecos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 10 at 2:28AM
Hi
I currently use other libraries to digitally sign my PDF, since they have options that are not available in QuickPDF. However, the features and benefits of QuickPDF are excellent for many other tasks.

Right now I have an error generated by QuickPDF. I tested with two digitally signed PDFs with different libraries. The error is that QuickPDF destroys the digital signatures, with only load and save the PDF.

I expect that if there were no tasks on the PDF, this will be saved so the same as it was loaded.

Could someone help me with this problem?

Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic