Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Extract Outline Topic bookmark from PDF

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rogerad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Extract Outline Topic bookmark from PDF
    Posted: 01 Feb 06 at 9:50PM

is it possible to extract or copy an outline topic from a pdf file ?

eg there are 3 outline ID's for different topics pointing to the same page in a pdf file

eg when using Acrobat Reader, the letters I, j , K and l point to page 71 in the pdf file

i want to split the pdf file by each outline ID.

regards roger Adams

roger adams
ixm7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ixm7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 06 at 7:04PM
The general answer is that it is possible, but the example you gave doesn't make sense to me. How would you split the document if all bookmarks point to the same page?

- Ido
swb1 View Drop Down
Debenu Quick PDF Library Expert
Debenu Quick PDF Library Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swb1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 06 at 5:26PM

I think what Rodger means is that all three topics are small enough to be on the same page and that he does not wish to extract the entire page but rather extract the topics independent of each other.

The simple answer is that there is no "GetTopicText" function. There are probably a couple of ways to accomplish this. I would look at the various GetOutlinePage and GetPageText and then look for specific text to break it up by topic.

Steve

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic