Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

DrawText() and Commas

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davbrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DrawText() and Commas
    Posted: 21 Jul 14 at 9:10PM
Hello all,
I just started playing with the library and I have run into this while using DrawText()...

I have a string that contains a comma inside it, which causes the string NOT to be drawn when using DrawText(). If the comma is removed, the string is drawn.

What would cause this?

Thanks

Dave
Paul View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 14 at 9:37AM
Hi Dave,

please post your code snippet, let us see where should be the problem.

Pal
davbrat View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davbrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 14 at 6:00PM
Hello Paul,

I found the problem,.
I'm using Clarion 9.1 and the COM control.

In Clarion strings are wrapped in single quotes.
So in my PDF form class...

SELF.FillBox_C3('Fresno, CA 93721') !The form's box C3 would be filled with 'Fresno, CA 93721'

later I would call my DrawText() Method wrapper and passed it the X,Y & Value parameters...

Result = PDF_Container{'DrawText('& pX &','& pY &','& pValue &')'}           

Which would result in the text not displaying on the form. But I found I needed to wrap the text string with double quotes and now all is working fine.

Changed it to...
Result = PDF_Container{'DrawText('& pX &','& pY &',"'& pValue &'")'}           
Now the pValue is wrapped when passed to the COM control.

It seems that most methods work with the single quoted strings,while others may choke. So I've went back to my base class and made sure all passed strings are now wrapped in double quotes.

Thanks,

Dave
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic