Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Does font subsetting work with standard fonts?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
JanN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JanN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Does font subsetting work with standard fonts?
    Posted: 05 Aug 11 at 9:09AM
Sounds great! Thumbs Up Looking forward to beta release....
AndrewC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndrewC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 11 at 7:42AM
There is some major work just completed in this area with recent additions to the upcoming version of Quick PDL Library 8 which will greatly improve Unicode and font subsetting.

"AddStandardFont and AddSubsettedFont now support Unicode strings for DrawText and all the other text drawing functions. The exception for standard fonts is Symbol and Dingbats."

These changes have only just been implemented and are still going through internal testing.  Hopefully we will have a beta for testing soon.
JanN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JanN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 11 at 7:37AM
Anyone, please?!
JanN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JanN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 11 at 2:51PM
Okay, I arranged with the embedding of fonts. But still the result is not perfect... Confused

My customer sent me a pdf file with russian characters. With Adobe Reader I am able to copy the text to clipboard. The font list looks like this:

http://www.upload24.de/files/JN/good.jpg

I am not able to add a font and make it look like that. I can only add a complete TrueType font, which results in a very large pdf file. Or I can add a subsetted font, of course. But copy and paste using Adobe Reader then results in "bad" characters, although rendering seems to work.

http://www.upload24.de/files/JN/bad.jpg

What can I do?

Regards,
Jan

PS: I added some texts in english to the screenshots (bold).
JanN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JanN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 11 at 11:05AM
Hi!

I have to add russian strings to a pdf file. I know that I have to embed subsetted fonts and use the GetSubsetString before drawing the text.

I do not want to add a special font but just use one of the pdf standard fonts. Is it possible to use these for russian characters in any way?

Regards,
Jan
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic