Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Convert PDF with password to Image

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
AndrewC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndrewC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Convert PDF with password to Image
    Posted: 02 May 12 at 3:42PM
Wayne,

It is safe to always call  QP.SetAdvancePassword("")  before calling QP.LoadFromFile(), even for PDF files without a password.  You should check the return value from LoadFromFile just to be sure.  If the password is not correct then it will return 2 and the file will not be loaded and the SelectedDocument will not be updated.  Remember that QPL always maintains at least one open document in memory at all times.  When QPL is initialised then that document is a single blank page.

Andrew.
waynefulcher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waynefulcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 12 at 2:39PM
That did it. THANKS.

Just for future reference. If a PDF has a password like that and I don't know what it is so I load it using SetAdvancePassword('') then what should I expect not to work?
Would it just be the SaveToFile() method(s) that dont work?

AndrewC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndrewC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 12 at 1:12PM

In 7.xx you need to call QP.SetAdvancePassword(""); before calling QP.LoadFromFile()

The "" is an empty string.

It is safe to use this before an LoadFromFile call.

Andrew.

waynefulcher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waynefulcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 12 at 3:23PM
I have read many posts here and cant seem to find anything quit like the problem I have.
I have a situation where I have a PDF file that appears to have a password (which I do not know).
I am able to open the PDF with say Adobe Reader and view it with no problems and I can print it with no problems. It never ask me for a password either. What I am trying to do in my Delphi 7 app is simply open the PDF with QuickPDF and render a page to an image file.

Of course I am getting an exception when trying to call LoadFromFile() ; I am on version 7.26. There is no specific message in the exception.

So to ask simply, is there a way to open a secure pdf if you dont know the password and render the page to an image, not to modify the pdf?

Thanks
Wayne

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic