Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Convert a pdf to a tif

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rgoodson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Convert a pdf to a tif
    Posted: 12 Mar 09 at 6:14PM
Hello,

I have been using quickpdf for a while now to create pdf files. Now I would like to be able to convert a pdf file to a tif file. Can quickpdf do this? If so, what function call would be needed?

Thanks,
Reagan
init2null View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote init2null Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 09 at 6:29PM
Hello Reagan,

As far as I can tell, you can't save PDFs directly to TIFs. You can save them directly as BMPs, PNGs, GIFs, and JPEGs. You can also use one of the other render options to render it into memory and then use the TIFF library to save it yourself.

Hope this helps,

Wesley

Edited by init2null - 12 Mar 09 at 6:29PM
rgoodson View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rgoodson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 09 at 6:35PM
Thanks. What exactly is the "TIFF Library"? Is that something that is built in to quickpdf?
Rowan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rowan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 09 at 7:15PM
Hi Reagan,

Wesley is right, you can't currently save PDFs directly to TIFs using Quick PDF Library, however, we will investigate what's required to add support for TIFs in a future version.

Cheers,
Rowan

P.S. a TIFF Library would simply be an additional third party library that gave you the ability to create TIFs programmatically. I think the library which Wesley was referring to is > http://www.libtiff.org.

Edited by Rowan - 12 Mar 09 at 7:54PM
init2null View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote init2null Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 09 at 7:23PM
My apologies for not being clear. You could use libTIFF, as Rowan mentions, for C or C++, any image-writing support from your GUI library, or a variety of third-party libraries for any language.

Edited by init2null - 12 Mar 09 at 7:26PM
rgoodson View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rgoodson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 09 at 8:01PM
ok. Thank you both for your help. I will look into third party tools to accomplish this.

Reagan
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic