Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Can QuickPDF create bookmarks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mburian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can QuickPDF create bookmarks
    Posted: 13 Feb 08 at 3:44PM
Is there any way to create bookmarks based on document content?

For example, if you know that an item of user interest - such as an order number, a customer name, or a product code - appears on the same line as a label such as ‘Customer name:’, ‘Order No:’ or ‘Product Id’, then by using these labels as a key string you can generate bookmarks based on the actual customer name, order number or product code.
Mick Burian
champagnecharly View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote champagnecharly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 08 at 7:02AM
Yes it does create bookmarks. If you extract text you get a csv of words positions and colours. If you load this into a db you can manipulate all the positions etc.

What I have done is have a table of font sizes which indicates the level at which the text is at.. so join the tables together and loop through the records creating bookmarks. If caselevel (which is dictated by font size) = 1 then parent = 0.

Its a while since you posted but as nobody replied its possible that you never got it sorted. So you knwo once you have got the tables it becomes easy to create links to.. e.g if you have a contents page...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic