Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bold text

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skwirelboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bold text
    Posted: 18 Aug 08 at 8:31AM
Hi,

I can't quite figure out how to switch between bold and non-bold text.

I am adding fonts to my dcument as follows:

QP.AddStandardFont(4);
QP.AddStandardFont(5);

This gives me helvetica and helvetica bold.

I am then calling
Qp.SelectFont(QP.FontID(4));
for non bold and

Qp.SelectFont(QP.FontID(5));

to switch to bold. But whichver one I opt for first sticks for the remainder of the document and the switch makes no difference.

First, am I approaching this in the correct way and if so what more do I need to do.

Thanks

Mark

jwhitham View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwhitham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 08 at 2:29PM
You need to use the result of the AddStandardFont function to select the font. In Pascal it would be:

var afont: integer;

afont := qp.AddStandardFont(5);

qp.SelectFont(afont);

skwirelboy View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skwirelboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 08 at 6:50AM

Thanks for the reply. I add all the fonts at the outset (ie Helvetica and HelveticaBold.

I then select them using the function in my original reply. I assumje I don't want to go adding the same font over and over again when I switch between bold and non-bold. If this assumption is correct, why does the function that I am using for selecting the fonts not seem to work.

Thanks

jwhitham View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwhitham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 08 at 7:24AM

the FontID() function takes the index of the font in your document as its argument so, in your case, you would use:

Qp.SelectFont(QP.FontID(1));
for non bold and

Qp.SelectFont(QP.FontID(2));

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic