Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Access Violations on New Page

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freebopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Access Violations on New Page
    Posted: 03 Oct 06 at 2:10AM
Hi All..

We have been using the library without problem for a year or so. Recently we made some report mods and now we are getting AV's which appear to be generated by the library.
Tracking it down it occurs in uPDFPageTree at line 621 in our version, which is V5.11.

function TPDFPageTree.ResourcesDict: TPDFDictionary;
var
Obj: TPDFObject;
begin
Obj := FPageDict.FindValueByKeyName('Resources');

"FPageDict" is not assigned. It doesn't always happen, seeming to depend upon what gui activity there's been in the app.

Has anyone had any experience of this?
I do hope so!

Regards,

Don
Don
marian_pascalau View Drop Down
Debenu Quick PDF Library Expert
Debenu Quick PDF Library Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marian_pascalau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 06 at 7:29AM

Don, I had once a similar problem. The problem was that I did not checked the return code while loading my PDF document. The document was not loaded, I ignored that error and I run into troubles.

You should check your sourcecode for each returned exit code. If everithing was ok, please send me your pdf document and I will officialy log your problem into our bug list.

My email: marian_pascalau(at)hotmail.com

Regards, Marian

Freebopper View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freebopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 06 at 7:52PM
Thanks for your reply, Marian.

However, and I should have already posted this, the fault was not with the library but with our code: we were writing beyond the end of a dynamic array, and it just so happened that the memory we trampled was being used by the NewPage routine.

So, to our great relief, no bug in the library.
Don
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic