Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Access Denied Exception

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yoyodyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Access Denied Exception
    Posted: 20 Sep 13 at 1:19AM
I am trying to batch convert PDFs to JPG files.  For the most part it is working, however, so far there is one fail that throws an exception.

Unhandled exception at 0x01475f7d in Hello World - DLL Edition.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000000.

Yes, I modified the example hello world application to try and process the one file I have a problem with.

QP.LoadFromFile(strFileName, password);
        int iNumPages = QP.PageCount();
        outFileName.Format(L"C:/Flatfiles/ConvertedJPG/Test-%%p-%02d.jpg", iNumPages);
        QP.RenderDocumentToFile(50, 1, 1, 0, outFileName);

Current settings are a really low resolution and to a bitmap file format, but I have tried several.
The PDF version says it is 1.4.  And if it is relevant, this is the only PDF I have found that give me a blue bar on Acrobat reader saying that it is in PDF/A format and is preventing changes.

I have tried a try..catch block around this code segment and it's not getting caught.

Another product that uses ghostscript was able to process this file, but we are trying to avoid that.

Can you help me to either resolve the error or query something about the file to allow me to skip it and report it as an error.

Thank you

Edited by yoyodyn - 20 Sep 13 at 1:23AM
AndrewC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndrewC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 13 at 6:49AM
Can you please send us the file. There are many types of malformed PDF files that can cause errors in any PDF library including Acrobat.

Please send the file via email to support@debenu.com

Andrew
yoyodyn View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yoyodyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 13 at 3:04PM
Sorry, but the PDF is not ours and I am not sure I can distribute it.  I know that makes it near impossible to diagnose.

But I found that if I call ExtractPages(1, iNumPages) before calling the RenderDocumentToFile that it works without any error.  

Can you tell me if there is a downside to that method?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic